1. Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d.
1. After Fatima and Marwa finished their coffee, another two of their friends _________ them to go to the cinema.
a. came b. joined c. greeted d. introduced
2. Our neighbour upstairs causes problems by _____ with the other neighbours’ disagreements.
a. interfering b. relaxing c. producing d. demanding
3. If we do not take care, the _____ that is damaging the environment will create a problem for us, and for our children, and for our grandchildren.
a. dirt b. pollution c. dust d. atmosphere
4. Inside the ancient tomb our tour guide showed us two very old _____.
a. humans b. people c. bodies d. skeletons
5. When I got 100% in my English test, I was really _____ because I thought that I had made a lot of mistakes!
a. surprised b. happy c. interested d. worried
6. When John’s family moved to Egypt, their household goods were _____ by ship.
a. banned b. lifted c. transported d. reduced
7. A _________ is an extremely large person who is not of ordinary size.
a. giant b. man c. body d. skeleton
8. I am planning my holidays, and I prefer to go on a _____ because I do not want to arrange all the travel myself.
a. travel agent b. trip c. tour d. package tour
2. Complete the gaps with words from the box below.
surprised tails skeleton reproduce giants discovery genetic lift stone
Scientists were very excited to find the remains of a 68-million-year-old dinosaur. This was a very important _______________ for paleontologists all over the world. However the scientists were _______________ when they lifted the _______________ of the dinosaur from the ground and discovered something soft inside. Scientists hope to use _______________ information to be able to _______________ dinosaurs, and one way of doing this might be through studying the genes of birds, which, when still in the egg, have small teeth and _______________ like dinosaurs.